Merry Christmas! Yes! It has taken me this long to write another post about all of my yarn projects. Ironically I have been swamped with Christmas projects that have kept me too busy to post about said Christmas projects.
Here's an easy peasy yarn wrapped ornament for all of you procrastinators and last minute doers like me. If you are just putting your tree up today and want an extra little something to adorn it's branches, than this tutorial is for you, fellow stragglers.
1. Begin with any simple, cheap ornament. I found these at the dollar store. One of the reasons I picked glittery ornaments was to help the yarn naturally cling to the round object.
2. Add a dab of hot glue and stick the beginning of your yarn to it.
This is so easy, right?
3. Wrap. And wrap and wrap and wrap. And just when you think you are done wrapping... wrap some more.
4. Leave the tip of the ornament exposed so you still have something to hang the ornament with.
5. Tie that shit in a knot. A little tiny one that you can easily tuck away under the many layers of wrapping that you've joyously done.
6. There is no step 6! But if you would like a step 6, tie a piece of string through the loop of the ornament. I used twine.
Hang your balls on your tree and enjoy!
This was such an easy and inexpensive way to add a tailored Christmas detail to my decorating this year.